In today’s competitive consumer market, it is important to have a an effective warehouse. For a warehouse to be effective, however, it is important that it is safe. In an effort to make sure that employees and inventory are safe, for instance, it is important to make sure that every person who is in your warehouse understands how to run all of the necessary equipment.
Forklift operators are an important part of any well functioning warehouse can help a business of any size make sure that they are profitable. in addition to equipment expertise it is important that a warehouse also has a staff that can help with forklift repair services and loading dock repairs. Finding the right warehouse staff can help you make sure that your assets are cared for and that your workers are safe. Consider these facts and figures about the importance of warehouse equipment and employee safety training:
- A forklift should not travel faster than three miles an hour in pedestrian heavy areas.
- Most common forklifts carry weights between one and five tons; the heavy duty forklifts, however, can bear loads of as much as 50 tons.
- Electricity, diesel, gasoline, propane, and battery are the five ways that modern forklifts are powered in five ways.
- The maximum speed of a forklift is eight miles an hour.
- Unfortunately, forklifts are at fault for an average of 1% of accidents that occur in factories and warehouses.
- Injuries caused by forklifts, however, constitute 10% of all injuries that happen in warehouses and factories.
- In the year 1989, a forklift set a world record by lifting 90 tons. This is a record that still stands to this day.
- Forklift operators must be trained and authorized, and this is a process that requires renewal once every three years.
The fact that today’s consumer world is so competitive means that every decision needs to be carefully made and that no damages can be caused by the warehouse accidents or injuries. With the right training and the implementation of the best safety procedures, a warehouse of every size can be the most effective.