Keeping equipment repaired and well maintained is an important part of many industries. In workshops, warehouses, and manufacturing plants where there are various kinds of rotating equipment quick repairs and regular maintenance are especially important. From torque wrenches to high quality load cells, the need for making sure that rotating equipment is also functioning at its highest levels is essential.
As a result, there is a need for measurement products and services that can be integrated into a piece equipment as a way to make sure that individual parts are functioning properly. Engineers from a number of different industries across the world rely on specific kinds of torque measurement products and other devices to accurately measure the parts of all of the machines that they depend upon.
Torque Analyzers Help Industries Measure the Reliability of Manufacturing Equipment
In a time when productivity numbers matter more than ever, it is important that manufacturing plants measure the efficiency of not only large machines, but also the individual parts on all of those machines. As the current administration threatens the implementation of sanctions and tariffs, in fact, every company is going to have to measure the efficiency of their machine equipment in order to stay profitable:
Consider these facts and figures about the various kinds of equipment that is used throughout industrial plants to make sure that all parts are working effectively and efficiently:
- Most load cells use strain gauge technology, a technology that is well established and has been effectively used for more than 40 years.
- Invented by Conrad Bahr in 1918 while working for the New York City Water Department, a torque wrench is a tool used to precisely apply a specific torque to a fastener such as a nut or bolt.
- Calibrating an instrument involves comparing the measurements of two instruments. The first instrument has the known magnitude or correctness and is called the standard device, against which the unit under test is measured.
- In an actual structure, an electrochemical fatigue crack sensor system can detect cracks in the field as small as 0.01 inches.
- Torque sensor and load cell units are designed to operate in a wide temperature range of -452 degrees F to 450 degrees F.
- Although they are only calibrated to 360,000 lbs.in., custom torque sensors exceeding the calibration limit are exercised to their nominal capacity.
Strain gauge type load cells, hydraulic load cells, diaphragm load cells, spool type load cells, and ring type load cells are the five types of load cells. Which one is used depends on the primary and secondary element that is used to sense the force. All of them play a pivotal role in making sure that machines operate at their very best so that manufacturing plants can be as productive as possible. Any piece of machinery that includes rotating equipment must be checked on a regular basis to make sure that there are no problems that are unseen to the human eye.