Used to treat allergic reactions that are life-threatening, a new kind of epinephrine injection pen is available for free to patients who carry primary care insurance. This injectable medicine can be used to treat anaphylaxis in people who are at risk, or have a history of, serious allergic reactions. Although getting the two free pens in a year requires jumping through a few hoops, it is well worth it to avoid paying the $360 price.
When most people think about a new kind of epinephrine injection pen they think of the life saving medications that are provided, the price that they need to pay, and the dosage frequency, the reality is that there are many previous steps that played important roles in the development of these drugs. From undercounter medical refrigerators to benchtop freezers, there are a number of pieces of equipment that play a role in all these new drug developments.
Pharmaceutical Grade Refrigerators Offer Reliable Environments to Scientists and Research Teams
Medical grade freezers and various kinds of undercounter medical refrigerators are a familiar site in research and development labs across the country. For instance, many of the vaccines that are used in this country must be stored in a specific temperature to be the most effective. Consider these other facts and figures about the many medicines and vaccines that play an important role in the health of this country and the entire world:
- 93.7% of children between 19 and 35 months have received the Polio vaccine
- As many as 710,000 flu-related hospitalizations and up to 56,000 flu-related deaths have occurred since 2010, according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- Unfortunately, 24 million children around the world do not have access to the routine vaccine series they should receive before they are 12 months old.
- Vaccinations prevented more than 21 million hospitalizations and 732,000 deaths among the children born in the last 20 years, according to 2014 CDC estimates.
- The latest research indicates that vaccines prevent more than 2.5 million unnecessary deaths every year.
- As of 2016, there were 335,700 medical and clinical laboratory technician jobs, also known as medical laboratory scientists, in the U.S. according to the Federal Bureau of Labor Statistics
Whether you are looking for a more affordable way to get an epinephrine injection pen or you are updating your child’s vaccines, you are likely getting treatments that require undercounter medical refrigerators, as well as other temperature control solutions.