The office move was supposed to happen pretty quickly. In fact, the new location indicated that they should be able to build out your space in less than three weeks. If you agreed to accepting the prefabricated office walls and not requiring any custom work, in fact, they building owners were fairly confident that they could get you into the space a little sooner.
There are many uses for prefabricated office walls, warehouse partitioning systems, and other dividers. Knowing that you can quickly transform any given space into a setting that will work for you is one of the reasons that so many office managers find themselves tempted by a less expensive lease.
Modular construction is a growing industry that allows for many easy transitions for companies of all size. Knowing that they can easily and quickly make a transition into a less expensive space means that these modular and prefabricated materials help many businesses find the most affordable office and warehouse space that is available.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the office space and warehouse industry and the modular and prefabrication products that are used:
- Modular processes can reduce construction cost by 9% to 20%, according to a report by the Building Industry Association of Philadelphia.
- Modular constructions can also reduce energy consumption during the building process by as much as 67% and reduce energy costs later for occupants.
- Permanent and relocatable are the two main types of modular construction.
- Projects can be completed much faster when using prefabricated construction methods, since 60% to 90% of all of the work on these parts occur ahead of time in a warehouse or factory.
- As many as 90% of engineers, 84% of contractors, and 76% of architects use prefabricated or modular construction processes on at least some of the projects that they complete.
- Modular methods allow for speedier construction times across the world while still maintaining quality. One Chinese modular construction company, for instance, recently built a 57-story building in a mere 19 days.
Modular construction is becoming increasingly popular for all kinds of industries, including hotels and fast food chains. In fact, Marriott International pledged to modularly construct 13% of its North American developments in the year 2017. This method saves both time and money as companies prepare to expand to different parts of the country.