Pharmacy freezers and biomedical refrigerators play important roles in the lives of all Americans. From providing the temperature control that researchers need to storing flu vaccines, there are many times when the health, safety, and future of yourself and your family depend on a wide range of technologies. And while many people think of large mixing machines and time and temperature sensitive laboratories when it comes to the latest medical discoveries, the fact of the matter is that there are also many times when pharmacy freezers and vaccine storage refrigerators play equally as important roles.
From the smallest undercounter lab refrigerators to the largest room size freezers, temperature control is important in many aspects of the health industry.
Vaccinations Continue to Play Essential Roles in the Health of the Nation
Although there are some anti vaccers who keep finding their way onto the news, it is important to realize that there is no scientific evidence to suggest that vaccinations and immunizations cause damage to the vast majority of people. in contrast, the continual and consistent use of vaccines is the only thing that is keeping those of us in America save from deadly diseases that once took thousands of lives.
Consider some of these statistics about the important role that vaccinations play in not only the health of this nation, but the world as well:
- Only 93.7% of children between the ages of 19 and 35 months have received the Polio vaccine.
- Research indicates that vaccines prevent more than 2.5 million unnecessary deaths every year.
- 17.1 million lives have been saved by the measles vaccination since the year 2000, according to the World Health Organizations and the Measles and Rubella Initiative estimations.
- Vaccines have saved countless lives, as indicated by the fact that the number deaths caused by measles has decreased 79% between the years 2000 and 2014. This percentage represents a drop from 546,800 to 114,900.
- Unfortunately, 24 million children around the world today do not have access to the routine vaccine series they should receive before they turn 12 months old
- The Venters for Disease Control (CDC0 estimates that since the year 2010, as many as 710,000 flu-related hospitalizations and up to 56,000 flu-related deaths have occurred.