Established in 1949 to help manage and support the basic functioning of federal agencies, the General Services Administration (GSA) is an independent agency of the U.S. government. The GSA 56 designation refers to a buildings and building materials listing that provides the federal government with a source for quality industrial services and supplies, as well as prefabricated structures. If a company offers industrial materials in one of the following categories and is are interested in gaining access to the government’s demand for such products, the GSA 56 contracts are the avenue for achieving these goals.
Some of the categories covered by the GSA 56 Buildings Schedule includes operational solutions, building materials, tactical equipment, industrial services and supplies, organizational clothing and individual equipment, as well as repair and modifications for pre-engineered building parts.
Defense Contractors Play Vital Roles in Many Local Economies
It is a challenge to find a way to be successful in today’s competitive business world. Fortunately, there are a number of businesses that find government contracts to help them earn extra income even during the leanest of times. Consider some of these facts and figures about the role that government contracts play in the nation’s economy, as well as the success of individual businesses:
- Amounting to more than $1 billion in high-quality vehicles and automotive services, GSA procures more than 65,000 vehicles every single year.
- Categorized by industry, the GSA Schedules program is broken down into approximately 30 different Schedules” or contracts that are c.
- Government buyers spent approximately $1.2 billion through the GSA Security Schedule in the fiscal year 2017.
- Known as Special Item Numbers (SINs), the GSA Security Schedule includes more than 100 subcategories.
- As well as prefabricated structures, GSA’s Buildings and Building Materials Schedule 56 Contract provides the federal government with a source for quality industrial supplies and services.
In a time when many small businesses are struggling to survive, there is an opportunity for success by connecting with the government contract platform. From the smallest of weapons components to large pieces of special operational equipment, there are many opportunities for businesses of all sizes to compete for very profitable government contracts.