Many businesses rely more than they made realize on torque control. Developing a plan to monitor and maintain the proper torque can have a big impact on your bottom line. Whether you are using tension link load cells or other torque analyzers, you can create a program to control your tools’ torque levels.
- Start by understanding why this matters. When you are looking at the reliability of the tools that you use, the importance of maintaining the proper torque levels cannot be overstated. A lot of the level of torque that you need to maintain depends a lot on the fatigue strength from the materials used in your processes. There is no one set torque level for all applications and materials but you need to keep it consistent. If you are not sure why this matters, you will be less likely to take the steps needs to maintain the proper level.
- Make sure you use the right tools to measure your torque. When it comes to using tension link load cells or other tools for torque measurement, using the right tools will make a big difference in getting the most accurate readings. There are tools that can be set to your specific torque needs or can be set by the manufacturer. When the appropriate torque level has been attained, the tools will give you a sign. These can be from a noise, a light or some other signal. It can be hard to select the proper torque measurement tools but it is possible. Take some time to learn more about your different options and you should be able to get the right torque measurement products for your needs.
- Keep safety in mind. When you are dealing with tools such as tension link load cells and other toque sensors, it is important to keep the safety of your workers in mind. When they are working with any kind of power tools, it is easy for the people using the tools to be injured using them. When you are looking for the right tools for your workers to use, make sure you pick the most ergonomic options. Making sure your workers are protected from repeated use injuries us an important part of designing the right torque control process for your business. It is a lot more cost effective to get the right tools to prevent your workers from injuring themselves than to pay for their treatment.
- Plan your torque measurements. When you are manufacturing anything you need to do your torque calculations at several points during the process. You should take your first measurement before the assembly process is started. Repeat your torque calculation at some point mid way through the assembly process and then again once the process is complete. Different torque measurements need to be taken at different times depending on the tools that are used during the manufacturing process.
- Keep everything properly maintained. When you are working with torque measurement tools, you need to make sure all of your tools and equipment are maintained properly. You should factor in regular inspections of the equipment you use for your manufacturing process. This is more than just making sure your torque level is kept at the right point. There are a number of reasons for this. If you have any parts that break or become worn, you need to replace them before they cause a host of problems. Keeping everything in working condition can go a long way to making your process as efficient as possible and your torque levels will remain consistent.
- Have a fully fleshed out policy for torque calibration. The process of getting the torque measurements and levels just right is called the calibration process. You need to develop a fully fleshed out plan for your workers to follow when they are working to maintain the proper torque level. They say that a “failure to plan is a plan to fail.” When you have a clear process for maintaining the right torque level, you will have a better experience.
There are a lot of reasons to take care to maintain the proper torque for your tools. Using the right tension link load cells is just one thing you should do.