Office spaces can be some of the dirtiest around. Two items that most people, at least 30%, see as being really dirty are office keyboards and phones. Despite this, only 10% of office workers spend any time cleaning them on a regular basis. It has been estimated that there can be 400 times more bacteria on an office desk than on the average toilet. When you take into account the fact that almost all workers say they are worried that they will catch something at work, you can see the importance of hiring the right advanced cleaning services company.
- Talk to other business owners and managers you know. Before you start talking to office cleaning services companies or business cleaning services companies, you should start by talking to people you know who have been in the position to bring in outsourced janitorial services. The best way to find decent goods and services is to get a good recommendation from someone you know and trust. Talk to the people you know about how they found the company they use, what they think, and if they have any advice about the process, or working with the company they have hired.
- Look online. There are a lot of sites online that rate companies such as those that provide advanced cleaning services. Many areas have Facebook pages and groups that are devoted to promoting local businesses so you should see if your area has one of these setup. There are other sites such as Angie’s List and Yelp that list reviews of companies that provide a wide array of services and goods.
- Talk to at least three companies. When you are looking into a company to provide advanced cleaning services, you should not go with the first one who gives you a decent estimate. Talk to at least three so that you will get a better idea of what your options are. Talking to a few companies can also make you feel better about whatever decision you make about the company that will take care of cleaning your place of business.
- Make sure they come out to your business to give you an estimate. In order to really understand what it will take to get your business clean, the companies you are considering hiring should come to your business to give you a really accurate estimate. Every business is different and will need different levels of work to get and keep clean. Make sure the companies come out to see your business before they give you an idea of how much time it will take to get the job done and how much it will cost.
- Ask about how they find their people and what kind of turnover they currently have. You need to know that the company you hire does a lot of vetting of the people they have doing the work at your business. One reason is that they will be there, for the most part, when your employees are not. You need to feel comfortable that the workers cleaning your home are trustworthy. Also, you want to go with a company that treats its people well enough to not want to leave. Happy workers do a better job. You will have a better experience if you hire a company that has a low turnover rate.
- Get references. When you talk to reputable companies that offer advanced cleaning services, they will have no problem letting you speak with current and former clients. This can be the best way to find out what kind of job they do and what it is like to work with them.
Keeping your business clean is important for a number of reasons. It helps keep your employees from getting sick and missing work, which can be very damaging to your bottom line. It can also give your clients and customers the best impression of your company. Dirty office space and unpleasant retail space can cost you sales or new business. Hiring the right advanced cleaning services company can make a world of difference in the success or failure of your business.