Customer service is an important part of many kinds of businesses. It has been estimated that more than 88% of consumers are willing to pay for for better service and a better experience. Moreover, when people have a bad experience with a company, they will tell their friends. Psychologists say that people are far more likely to complain than to compliment. Therefore, your business needs to provide the best customer service you can. This can be pricey, unless you outsource that part of your business. Here are some reasons a customer service outsourcing company can help your bottom line.
- It is cheaper. It is less expensive to hire an experienced company to handle your customer service than to handle it in house. That may seem to be a bit counter intuitive because it is often assumed that it is cheaper to do things, from mass mailings to customer service, but, at the end of the day, outsourced customer service is much more cost effective. When you hire a company, you have a number of people working to get your customers what they need and when they need it. When you add up the costs of hiring new staff, the salary you will have to pay and the benefits, you will see how you can save your business by hiring a firm to handle this part of your business.
- It takes a lot of time to deal with customers. Some businesses do not actually value the call companies until they try to handle the calls they receive. When you expect your employees to handle your customer service, unless they have been hired to do that full time, it will take them away from the jobs you hired them to do. Taking calls takes more time than the mere act of answering the call and dealing with the client or customer. Your staff are taken away from what they were doing and it takes time to go back to that. You can everyone time when you hire customer service professionals to handle it. Also, your customer service people represent your business. If they are not very professional when they talk to clients or customers, the results can hurt. You want the people you have doing that job to be trained in it. That is what you get when you hire an outsourced firm for this role.
- You can expand the services you provide when you outsource your customer service. When you hire dedicated customer service outsourcing companies, you can add value. The people who answer your phones can take orders, answer technical questions, make appointments and listen to your customers and clients. If you want to get a leg up on your competitors, you can have people there to take their calls 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Even if you only want your service to answer during normal business hours, you can make sure no one gets a busy signal or a voice mail.
- You will grow your business. As was already mentioned, more than 88% of customers will spend more to get better customer service. When people hear from a friend of family member who liked a business because they liked the service they received, that will attract more people to that business. More business coming in means that you need more people to take the calls. This way your company will be able to keep growing.
- Your customers and clients will get service when they want and need it. When most people get voice mail, their response is not to leave a message. The are often also not inclined to call back. That means, if you business line is busy, you are going to lose business. When you hire an outside customer service company, that does not happen. That means your bottom line will get a big boost from your decision to hire an outsource company for your customer service.
No one likes to call a business and get a voice mail, busy signal or a person who seems to not want to deal with their questions. When you hire a firm to handle your customer service you will expand and improve your bottom line and grow your business.